what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngmommy

hi im 19 yrs old and 31 wks pregnant, the father doesn't speak to me at all for 4 months he has no idea when the due date is and he's a complete liar. He hasn't paid me anything or even tried to be there for any part of my pregnancy. He tries to play it off like he's a good guy so I made a fake profile on myspace of some random girl and i played it off like i liked him and got a bunch of information from him..he denied the baby to her just to get her sympathy i just want to know if i could use the information in court and if it would get me anywhere or if they would just throw it out? also is making the fake profile illegal or anything like that?
The only time he contacts me is to threaten me with taking me to court for custody and he's never even been there.

need advice immediatly please respond
thanks!

hi im 19 yrs old and 31 wks pregnant, the father doesn't speak to me at all for 4 months he has no idea when the due date is and he's a complete liar. He hasn't paid me anything or even tried to be there for any part of my pregnancy. He tries to play it off like he's a good guy so I made a fake profile on myspace of some random girl and i played it off like i liked him and got a bunch of information from him..he denied the baby to her just to get her sympathy i just want to know if i could use the information in court and if it would get me anywhere or if they would just throw it out? also is making the fake profile illegal or anything like that?
The only time he contacts me is to threaten me with taking me to court for custody and he's never even been there.

need advice immediatly please respond
thanks!

Until the child is born and he is established as father and there is a child support order...he doesn't owe you a dime. When the child is born he can file to establish paternity. He will most likely - if he files and requests these things - get joint legal custody with ample visitation.

Nothing you have suggested in regards to the Myspace profiles/whatever, will be held against him in court.

Don't worry about the punk taking custody from you. He can't manage his own life and not judge is going to give him another one. I'm sorry your Dad won't go pound this little boy, but you have to learn this one the hard way. Forget him. When the baby is born go establish paternity and child support. He will get visitation but really that's it. You will be more in control than he will. Don't let him play with you. As my grandma use to say, keep a quarter between your knees! Good luck. Take care of that baby.

Don't worry about the punk taking custody from you. He can't manage his own life and not judge is going to give him another one. I'm sorry your Dad won't go pound this little boy, but you have to learn this one the hard way. Forget him. When the baby is born go establish paternity and child support. He will get visitation but really that's it. You will be more in control than he will. Don't let him play with you. As my grandma use to say, keep a quarter between your knees! Good luck. Take care of that baby.

With all due respect, Dad has EVERY chance of getting at the very least, joint legal custody (should he choose to file).

What is the point in doing all that? Who cares if he is denying the baby. He does not have to pay you anything until the baby is born, and paternity is established, and you file for support. time to grow up and figure out how you are going to support this baby as a single mom. At 19 you are going to have alot on your plate. Stop worrying about this guy and focus on yourself and the baby and how you are going to take care of it. After the baby is born, maybe he will come around and be mature but you cannot force him to be an involved dad or for him to pay you any support.

i am not forcing him to do anything, he's 27 still acts like a teen. I have confessions of girls saying he has touched and kissed them in there sleep. One of them is going to testify to it and had to change her number and her home because he showed up at 2 in the morning to her house i need to grow up all i am trying to do is keep my child away from a pedophile he has 5 other kids 3 by one 2 with different moms. he's a deadbeat on unemployment and an illegal mexican at that. so you tell me what rights he has?

I had a child at 19 too, and dealt with the same kind of guy. I'm 20 now. So it's pretty recent. And being a pregnant female you worry about everything and every possible out come. But you really don't need to. Everything is in your control. He does have every right to seek custody and blah blah blah. Chances are with his age and immaturity he wont. Best thing I can say to do is sit back and relax and ignore him. If he chooses to man up and do the right thing it will really only benefit you and your baby. it'll benefit you with his help with paying for things and maybe even a break, and it will benefit your child by having a relationship with the father. But for now move on and figure out what your going to do.

Good luck!

i am not forcing him to do anything, he's 27 still acts like a teen. I have confessions of girls saying he has touched and kissed them in there sleep. One of them is going to testify to it and had to change her number and her home because he showed up at 2 in the morning to her house i need to grow up all i am trying to do is keep my child away from a pedophile he has 5 other kids 3 by one 2 with different moms. he's a deadbeat on unemployment and an illegal mexican at that. so you tell me what rights he has?

Don't put his name on the birth certificate.

Very simply, you gave him rights the very second you became pregnant with his child. You chose him to be the father of your child.

(Although technically he must first go to court to exercise those rights).

Don't put his name on the birth certificate.

Actually, she can't put him on the birth certificate until one of two things happens - he either signs the AOP when the child is born, or a court establishes him as Dad through their usual channels.

But even if he's not on the birth certificate, all he has to do is go to court. His immigrant status will NOT be a factor in establishing paternity.

I had a choice to name the father on the birth certificate. I was just saying without that without anything he would have to do everything himself. If he wants to.

Why in the world would you have a baby with such a loser? Tell me how do you intend on getting child support from an illegal with several kids? You probably will not see a dime from him. Do not put his name on the birth cert and totally stop talking to him if you do not want him around. If you go on any sort of gov't assistance, you will be required to name him as the Dad.

it's not like i was trying to have a baby with him for one, for two he wasn't illegal when i was with him and i had no idea he was going to be a dead beat. I knew of his other kids but didn't know what a pos he was in the long run. if i dont get him for childsupport then my only hopes of him losing anything would be out the window.i did stop talking to him haven't heard a word from him in four months and now He's threatening me to take me to court so what makes you think if i just randomly stop talking to him that he's not going to file for it himself like he says? I know he is broke but he is damn determind to try to act like the good guy like he wants to be there for the child and i'm just a bitch and won't let him be there for the baby.
I don't know what to do everything I have against him won't do me a damn lick of good in court and i don't know what i can do. I know for a fact he doesn't take care of his other children and yet i have nothing on him.

Regardless, he does have the right to file in court to establish paternity, custody and visitation.

You also have the right to file for child support...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back