What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoavu

Hi Everyone,
My case that monday morning approximately 8:45 AM, I brought my Toyota Corolla to Toyota/Scion Dealer for service maintenance and check the shake of wheel. The Customer Service Assistant took my car information and told me to wait about 1:30 to 2 hours for the process. While I was waiting in the waiting area of this dealer, the Customer Assistant and the Service Director came and told me that my car had accident and was brought to Body Shop. I was shocked because I just bought 6 months ago a brand new car with no accident, no default record…, since then I take good care, and now the accident happened to my brand new car during the Dealership service time while I didn't drive. I asked them that what happened with my car, and they said my car was driven to road test for the wheel by their technician and hit another car. I couldn't discuss with the Dealership because my English not good enough. They brought a rental car to me and I went home. Afternoon, I came back Toyota/Scion Dealer with my brother who sponsors me to buy this car. We discussed with Service Director. I just want one thing that I brought the new car with no accident, no default record into this Dealer, and I want to bring my car out with the same condition. I am paying for the bank and I don't want to make payment for the car which had accident without my fault
My question is what should I do if the Dealership deny responsibility because they said that they did the right process and that fault of accident belong to the other party, and they expressed that they did the process and that the only thing they could do was to deal with the other party Insurance Company to make the process go faster.
This problem influenced me because I am studying to take a State Board Examination next 10 days. Please give me a advice to solve it. Thank you.

Hi Everyone,
I didn't know who right, who wrong because I didn't drive, the dealership said that accident was the fault of driver who drove other car, not their technician who drove my car, and the insurance company of this car would repair my car. I know the insurance company will repair the car. Has the dealership not responsibility while my car was at the dealership for service? I requested the dealership that I brought to them the car without accident and default record,I didn't want the new car, I wanted to go out with the car with the same condition and price, I didn't want a car was accident. If the dealership deny my request, what can I do? Please help,thanks.

Last edited:
By taking your car to the dealership, you are agreeing they repair your car, agreeing to their policy, test drive your car, and do all what is necessary to make your car function properly to your satisfaction. I know how you feel……I would feel the same way. But all what they have to do, is to make sure you have a rental and that your car is repaired promptly. Some managers would let you take your car without paying a penny due to the inconvenience, or give you maybe a 500$ or more credit gift card on your next repair. Go see not the service manager and the dealership general manager and express your concerns and disappointment. By law, their liability is just to repair your car….like new. They don't have to replace it………….accidents happen………it could have been your friend driving…. You could talk to some lawyers specialized in such accident liability and get more advice if you could get your way. I honestly don't see what else you could get except your repaired car, gift cards or goodies from them. Read their dealership policy's fine print for details of how they solve such issues. The truth is by signing to let they take your car; you are admitting to be aware of their policy and have no objections. Make some noise there and see if you get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back