What should I do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin1

I purchased a car on 03/23/2014, a month and a half later the car (audi a4 2010) is at the shop with a broken engine.

When I purchased it the dealer promised me that the car was fine and because of a business trip, I'm ok to drive to Florida, before I drove to Fl, I paid for an oil change at a local jiffy lube, once in Miami, the low pressure oil sign came on, I took it to an authorized audi dealership, where they told me that because I was using an aftermarket filter the car wasn't running properly, by they advice, I paid for a full diagnostic and a complete oil change, after paying 372 I was told that the car was in good conditions and good to go back to lancaster pa.

The day after I got back home, the car wouldn't start, after I towed it to another audi dealership I was told that the engine is gone and it is either a new one for 13.000 or a used one for 6.000. I called the dealer that sold me the car, he said that he isn't responsible, audi in lancaster,Pa is saying since I drove with low oil I'm responsible, but the low oil sign never came on. I called audi u.s.a. And opened a claim, but the way this corporations work I assume that they will blame me, even when I had a full diagnostic at a authorize audi center.

What should I do?

Thanks

It's too late to ask what to do, sorry.
All you can do now is pray, or waste another six to thirteen thousand.
Face it, buddy, they screwed you.
Buying a new car, for most people is an assault.
Buying a previously used car, that's aggravated assault and aggravated, grievous sexual molestation, with great financial harm.
In my experience, 95% of see cars were disposed of become of a major mechanical malfunction, or a looming major mechanical malfunction.

In today's world, most things are crap.

Last edited:
They had no responsibility from the moment you bought the car. Unless you can produce a warranty you are on the hook.
It could be that the first oil change at Jiffy Lube began the trouble, and the car was just fine when you bought it. Regardless, you are the only one who will finance this repair.

When you buy a used car, there is generally no warranty & you are on the hook for any repairs. It's the old "buyer beware".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back