what should I do? Help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgrumpy32

My ex- husband has our son because when we where together, I was driving over the road and he had me sign a paper stating that he would get custody if anything happen to me while I was on the road and he had this paper stamped legal. I am not sure if he still has the paper or not. In the mean time we both got remarried and he still lives in NC and I live in NY. I hardly ever see my son because of his new wife. His new wife tries everything to keep me away from him won't let him talk to me ,when he does she is standing over him telling him ok it's time to get of the phone.
I was also wondering if there would be any chance I would be able to get full Custody of my son due to that my ex- husband brother is a register sex offender, that lives next door to them,and my son goes over and visits alone with his step- sister.

Thank You,
Sarah

Last edited:
When you say that your ex-husband had you sign a paper relinquishing custody to him if anything happens to you, does this mean,.... if you met an untimely death, or were severely injured? Is there a custody order in place? What were the exact terms of the paper you signed? Did or can you get a copy of it? If there is no court order about restricting visitation, you have the right to visit your child. I'd be concerned if my ex's brother were a sex offender and he lived next door. That could open a can of worms... safety for your son, etc. I'd consult an attorney. Hope this helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back