What should he do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

auntjess

My brother is 18 yrs. old he and his girlfriend who is also 18 just had a baby girl. The Father of the girl has paid for everything out of his pocket because he has no insurance that would cover the baby and his daughter. They currently live with her parents and are now wanting to move to San Antonio. Her father doesn't acknowledge my brother and he is to stay in one area of the house while he is there. He is also telling him that he is taking the baby to San Antonio and that if my brother wants to she his daughter then he is to pay him rent while living there and go to school, which is reasonable. However my brother doesn't want to go, he would rather they stay here and live with our parents. Her father is pretty much running the show and the girl does everything she'd told because her father say she gets money from social security every month and if she doesn't go then she'll no longer receive her money and disown her. Can she leave with the baby if my brother doesn't agree. There not married but the baby does have his last name.

The grandfather has no rights here. Your brother needs to assert his rights. It sounds like they are not together, so he should go to court and file for visitation. Once it is ordered by the court, grandpa cannot dictate when he can and cant see the child.

If mom will not stand up to her father and move out, there is not much your brother can do. He has just as much right to seek custody and /or visitation of the baby.

Personally I would be trying to talk mom into moving out. If dad paid for her medical expenses, that was his choice and she is not obligated to live under his roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back