Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft what options does my brother have to bypass a prison sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niki16

In Dec. 2009, my brother was convicted of breaking and entering and theft. In Jan. 2010, he was accepted into a post adjudication program called drug court. Last month he was he was charged with public intoxication, breaking and entering and theft by receiving. This week he was dismissed from Drug Court due to the charges from last month. The theft by receiving was for a GPS that he bought from a person at work. My question is what options does he have to keep from serving prison time, or any suggestions?

He should make no statements, admissions, or confessions about any of these matters. He should plead not guilty and ask for a court appointed attorney, if he can't afford to hire his own attorney.

He needs to obey all laws going forward. He needs rehab. See if you can get him into an in-house program.

Once he has counsel representing him, follow the attorney's advice. All is not lost. But, it will be if he doesn't get help immediately. His problems are bigger than prison.

Good advice from army. You explain the gps was bought unknowingly stolen but the breaking and entering is a tuff one to explain away. Good luck and tell him to keep quit.

There is nothing he can do to avoid jail time. It is pretty much in the hands of his legal counsel and the court. There is no particular action for him to take other than to obtain representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back