What options do I have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curby

I'm currently on suspention from my job, while being investigated by HR for threatening my manager and being disruptive in the operating room. I have been a good employee and have all of my reviews over the years to prove so as well as letters of recomendation from some esteem Drs. Here goes - Last week I asked my manager to sign a letter of transfer and release so I could interview for a job at a different hospital within the corporation. Her response was "No!, I have to talk to Steve." Steve is our CEO. I called HR and they stated she could not say no, so I took my completed form to her and she signed it reluctantly. I interviewed and accepted the job. I went back to my manager and she was upset, we have lost at least 15 good hard working people, some being there for 25-30 years since she assumed her role in Dec.2006. She through her arms up in the air and stated "well if you want to go, just go!" This has been her response to many of the others who have left, but the reflection on her doesn't look good. One of the reasons for me leaving had to do with a promotion she dangled in front of me back in March, but changed her mind about, because I take Vein and Radial artery without compensation and there is only one other person doing this job and our Heart team is small, without people breaking down the doors to work for us. We did hire a new person on the heart team, who after my turning in my letter told me she took the job offered to me while being told I was not interested in the job.. She has been there only 3 weeks and this job was not posted within the department, she also stated that her husband on interview was also offered this same job. I confronted my manger and we got into an argument in her office. we were both loud and unprofessional. The next day was my day off and I received a call from HR telling me I'm on suspension and under investigation for threatening my manager and being disruptive in the Operating room. The argument was over and we even set up an OR suite for an emergency case together, so imagine my surprise by this phone call. I am told not to contact my coworkers while this investigation is underway or go on campus. The only theats made were that I had a meeting on Thursday with the CEO, and that I was calling our Ethics Hotline to make them aware of why I was leaving. Nothing bodily, for I am not going to jepordize my Nursing Liscence of which I worked so hard for. What next? We are not union, when a meeting is called can I bring someone with me( weingarten rights) Is my liscence on the line because of this? There is a nursing shortage and I'm a good nurse without any blemishes on my record. This manager is pitting employees against each other and talks behind their backs with other employees, morale is at a all time low. The transfer in in limbo, I may not get that due to this, but I am qualified to do so many things. While this investigation takes place can I look for new employment or should I just wait and see. Can they threaten my liscence. No patients were ever in danger by my actions.

Currently non-union employees do not have Weingarten rights.

You are free to look for other employment any time you like. No law prohibits it.

I don't see any reason why your license should be in jeopardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back