What legal actions need to be taken for a false inspection sticker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreaw2010

I bought a car from a private owner. Right away I started having problems with the car when I was told there should not be any problems. When I was having the car looked at, it was brought to my attention the private owner put a fake inspection sticker on the car. I was unaware of that before I bought the car. When I asked the private owner about the fake inspection sticker he told me the sticker was on the car when he bought the car two years ago. The inspection sticker expires 08/11. What action do I need to take about this? Do I notify the police or do I take him to court? If I take him to court what type of lawyer do I need?

Thank you.

I bought a car from a private owner. Right away I started having problems with the car when I was told there should not be any problems. When I was having the car looked at, it was brought to my attention the private owner put a fake inspection sticker on the car. I was unaware of that before I bought the car. When I asked the private owner about the fake inspection sticker he told me the sticker was on the car when he bought the car two years ago. The inspection sticker expires 08/11. What action do I need to take about this? Do I notify the police or do I take him to court? If I take him to court what type of lawyer do I need?

Thank you.

Asked and answered in your OTHER post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back