what is the point of a law forum if nobody answers my q?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the point of a law forum if nobody answers my q?
a big disappointment

This is unfortunate, but sometimes the wait times are quite lengthy. Imagine! Waiting over an hour for a reply!

For immediate service, you should have signed up for the Top Shelf Legal Service. The cost is $500 per reply, but you won't be disappointed. :D :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jacsgal had a cold answer. I am so sorry there are people who have bad days and then come to this site....I am with you what is the point?

Jacsgal had a cold answer. I am so sorry there are people who have bad days and then come to this site....I am with you what is the point?

Actually, I disagree with you here and think that Jacksgal had an appropriate response that is just not the answer that you're looking for. If you look around you'll see tens of thousands of questions answered here. Yes, you read correctly. The site is about a helping community, where people try to help each other and it's successful and enjoyable for the most part. I learn quite a bit here too!

What you, the users need to do, is to take time to understand how to ask a question by reading the forum rules and tips. I'm going to make them even more obvious even though the rules and help buttons are right there at the top and required reading when you register. I've noticed that you started a second post to talk about a post you wrote about earlier - without even providing a link to the thread! Are you expecting readers to hunt down that last post you made? If you want to make the most of time from people kind enough to help you, then it would seem prudent to either (a) post another reply to your original thread, or (b) provide a link to your thread so that the person answering won't be inconvenienced.

After doing this for many years I've come to realize that most are very appreciative and you'll always have a few stragglers who come in and see only themselves and the negatives as it pertains only to them. I'm hoping you can help us help you and everyone else by donating just a little bit of your time and attention as well. Thank you. :D

Funny you say answer....Jacsgal gave none...thats my point ...notice awhole lot of wind in your writing

Funny you say answer....Jacsgal gave none...thats my point ...notice awhole lot of wind in your writing

Quite frankly I'm not sure why you feel the need to intervene. Jacksgal's answer made perfect sense and was much warmer than the original poster who complained that the valuable information they seek and don't want to pay for wasn't coming quickly enough. Unfortunately some people only know how to do the taking and never think about the fact that giving is an effort that needs to be appreciated.

There wasn't any "wind" in my answer. It is obvious that there is plenty of help happening in these forums. Yet because the OP or yourself aren't satisfied then nobody is getting satisfaction and it's all worthless? Well, the gang here has tougher skin and knows that amongst a typically gracious group of people there will always be a handful of myopic complainers who are never satisfied.

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion but if you find that this site doesn't provide you with what you want, you're certainly entitled to go elsewhere and best of luck with your success there.

Now that I have someones attention, how come no one answers my question on
(mom abandon child/then took him back )after a few months and thousands spent on child and court. All along keeping the $600.00 in child support while we had the child. Sorry I sparked anyone. She laughed at us and said she needed a vacation. We had the child attending school and working in a local resturant. What I want to know is can we go to small claims court and ask for the money back with a chance to win? Thank You..and again sorry.

to bobswife, my son is going throught the same thing.the ex got custody, after walking out on him, and saying she did not want the kids. she had the 2 kids, and nothing but trouble ensued. they did not want to live with her.two weeks before school was out, this april, she told them to go live with their dad. but, she is still getting 2/3 rds of his monthly income as support. she does nothing for the kids. there is no one out there who can help. he will have to go back to court to change custody. unfortunatly, he cannot get a lawyer, since she is getting most of his money. we have exhausted every source of information we found, and get the same answers.the law says you have the right to represent yourself in court, but you have to hire a lawyer to tell you how. therefore, there is no help. as for getting back the money, good luck. small claims court will probably tell you to go back for custody. not sure, but from all we have learned, thats the way i understand it. this is just an opinion.

Now that I have someones attention, how come no one answers my question on
(mom abandon child/then took him back )after a few months and thousands spent on child and court. All along keeping the $600.00 in child support while we had the child. Sorry I sparked anyone. She laughed at us and said she needed a vacation. We had the child attending school and working in a local resturant. What I want to know is can we go to small claims court and ask for the money back with a chance to win? Thank You..and again sorry.

Why not at least provide a link here so that people don't have to spend extra time searcing for your post? Why not provide this additional information there as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back