what is the legal age in Ca. for opposite sex siblings to share a room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki95380

I heard that opposite sex sibilings cannot share a room after a certain age. Is there any truth to this? If there is what is the age in California?

I heard that opposite sex sibilings cannot share a room after a certain age. Is there any truth to this? If there is what is the age in California?

As far as I know, this is not governed by state statute in any state for families.
States have legislation for foster homes, orphanages, group homes, etc.. on this matter, but parents are NOT required to have gender specific bedrooms.
CPS, if investigating a complaint will look at this if say the family had 14 children, and only three bedrooms and maybe six beds.
Bottom line, the law remains silent on poverty and parental choice.

Last edited:
Yep, exactly. Outside of state facilities, there are no rules. There ARE though, some local ordinances controlling how many people can legally reside at one address.

Is this a custody matter?

Agree with other responders - other than exceptions noted (example state facilities), there is no law who may share a bedroom in regard to age, gender, race, disability ......in Ca. or anywhere in the US.

Is there a specific reason you are asking? Thanks.

*raises hand*

Custody issue ;)

I did not call on you - you get a C for most likely right answer but no A since you didn't wait to be called on to answer. Your hand wasn't the only one raised. LOL :) (I'm sure you're most likely right but wanted OP to verify reason.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back