Other Criminal Charges & Offenses What is my next step

Azinnocence

Recently I gave a friend a ride he asked me to stop at chevron where I put power steering fluid in my vehicle and his friend rode up on a bike and talked for a minute with my passenger. As I left the store I was stopped by police they immediately pulled my passenger out. As I sit waiting for officer to come back another cop walks up asks if anything illegal in my truck I say no then the officer notices a tiny gun slipped between passenger seat asks me to get out and then says k9 is coming because they saw my passenger exchange something with guy who rode up on bike earlier at chevron and they know something is in my truck. They pull me to the side tell me my license and registration is suspended and they found enough illegal substance in my truck along with gun that I could get same charges as my passenger my truck impounded for 30 days and that they will also have to inform cps about occurences and I need to give them somebody in exchange for my freedom. One detective gives me his cell # tells me to call around 1pm next day to help them arrest somebody or else they are putting a warrant out for my arrest. I came straight home and am now stressing about my next step. I know cops can do whatever they want and I don't have money for lawyer now I'm in a position don't know what to do

Recently I gave a friend a ride he asked me to stop at chevron where I put power steering fluid in my vehicle and his friend rode up on a bike and talked for a minute with my passenger. As I left the store I was stopped by police they immediately pulled my passenger out. As I sit waiting for officer to come back another cop walks up asks if anything illegal in my truck I say no then the officer notices a tiny gun slipped between passenger seat asks me to get out and then says k9 is coming because they saw my passenger exchange something with guy who rode up on bike earlier at chevron and they know something is in my truck. They pull me to the side tell me my license and registration is suspended and they found enough illegal substance in my truck along with gun that I could get same charges as my passenger my truck impounded for 30 days and that they will also have to inform cps about occurences and I need to give them somebody in exchange for my freedom. One detective gives me his cell # tells me to call around 1pm next day to help them arrest somebody or else they are putting a warrant out for my arrest. I came straight home and am now stressing about my next step. I know cops can do whatever they want and I don't have money for lawyer now I'm in a position don't know what to do

If you haven't been arrested, you simply keep your trap shut.

You have the right to remain silent, so if I were you, I'd do it; and I'd stop carrying wannabe THUGS around in my truck.
Come on, if dude was all that, he wouldn't be begging rides with his mates.

Or, you can ask the officer what's in it if you do rat out some mice?
Sometimes they pay rats in cash, not just cheese.
Your call, boss.

Can a warrant be put out for my arrest and can they come impound my truck or try to arrest me for any of the charges

As you noted, the police can often work unbelievable magic.
So, hard to say, because I've only read your side of the story.
From my past experience, however, I'd say the chance of any of that happening is about 20%.
Now, remember, there might be some money to be made, if you ask.
Or, if you rat, that'll guarantee they won't arrest you.

But, never agree to such a deal only if you're represented by an attorney.
Never spill your guts, if that's what you decide to do, without a signed deal by the prosecutor, after being advised by your attorney.
If you want to do a deal, tell them you might help only after being advised by your lawyer and the deal must be in writing signed by the prosecutor.

Now, one final FREE bit of information.
The police are allowed to lie to you, deceive you, trick you; its all legal.
You, on the other hand, if you decide to answer their questions must be TRUTHFUL, or you catch other charges.

Never talk to the police without YOUR attorney present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Agree to discussing with a lawyer. That is most likely your best bet.

Back