What do you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishgarda

Myself and two other Police Officers were fired from our jobs six years ago for attempting to unionize our department. Three years of litigation later the Labor Relations Commission made a decision that we were fired by the town in retaliation for our unionizng efforts and the LRC ordered the town to immediately reinstate us to our positions, issue full back wages with interest 12% compounded quarterly and to "make us whole". The town offered an insulting amount of money, almost 90,000 less than what we were owed. The LRC was not clear in the decision of an exact amount, but was clear on us being made whole. We did not except the insulting offer. The town also did not offer to reinstate us to our previous positions as ordered. At the same time the town appealed the decision to the appeals court. Three more years went gone by a total of six and the Supreme Court took the case from the Appelate Court "Sua Sponte" and upheld the the LRC's decision. The SC did not change the language of the order. The SC decision was almost 7 months ago and the town refuses to pay and make us whole. Our attorney representing the case said he will have to get the Suporior Court to enforce the order and order an exact amount. This will be most likely another two years before this is heard. We have been through HELL.
Does anyone have any other suggestions ?

Thank you

not really, there are only two ways: settle with the city or go to court

Thanks, thats what I thought. I just didnt know if there was a quicker way to enforce the decision, "contempt of court" "get a Sheriff and start siezing the towns property until they comply with the order". Either way we would need another court order. What about an injunction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back