What do you think I should do when a boss treats you and only you this way?Policy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaimbac

If I have write ups from my boss and then he does the same thing which by the way are simple individual human errors and then he suspends you for 3 days suggesting to me its for my lack of performance. But here's the kicker he doesn't write me up for my 3 day suspension he just says I'm suspended and doesn't schedule me. Plus puts me on a performance plan meeting (with him and his boss) when i get back. First off policy says I have to be repeating the same issue over and over again and that's not the case its more like spread out over a bunch of nicnac. And even it being little nicnacs I always had a reasonable excuse for it to be so. I have been harassed by him in the past for writes up that had no relation to policy whatsoever it was more of like a house rule. I think that it shouldn't have gone this far with having to be in a meeting with him and his boss and instead just have better communications. Policy is do it once verbal warning/talk, twice the same thing write/up, third time same thing suspension, fourth time same thing fired. Its beyond obvious to me, but not the naked eye that if he knows I know he makes errors just the same ones I make and if not more but yet still wants to arrange all these disciplines for me. There's a big difference in being fired professionally and then there's this way. Thoughts came into play about maybe this being unfair treatment and breaking the line process of procedures. Even though my head is over that thought it troubles me to say something about this in the meeting because the only thing that would do now in this meeting is make us both look bad. Like I said before nobody's perfect, and that's the message I want to deliver at the meeting and yes I will also own up to my short comings but the manager has to be fair and professional. This is a company with rules designed to keep you employed not the other way around, and I do a good job at work.

Have you tried talking to him about this? If so then go trough the chain of command /HR department.

First of all, this is your boss we're talking about. Whether he makes the "same mistakes" you do or not is irrelevant. The relevant issue is that YOU made them. Having an "excuse" for making them sends the message that you don't take responsibility for your work. I would bet you dollars to donuts that the "policy" to which you refer does not rise to the level of an enforceable contract and that such progressive discipline is at the discretion of the employer.

Tread very carefully. Being too defensive and making excuses for your errors could easily get you fired.

I think ill lay it down to HR the way it is just for the record. By the way if i request HR to remain silent on the matters do they have to respect my wishes as long as its not illegal.in the meeting im just gonna talk about better communication skills between us.

I am guilty of being forgetfull due to massive work overloads and stressing on the next mans slack not for being defiant. Im an assistant so im stuck inbetween everything. But i will talk to HR about the disipline policy not being used correctly.

So its okay for a company to go outside of procedures as long as they have an action you performed that wasn't correct. So for example let's say you didn't take out the trash because it was to busy at the regesters and its time to clock out and you can't stay because of overtime not allowed. The next day your boss fires you for not taking out the trash and you told ur boss the situation you were in yesterday. The way he fired you wasnt how the disipline policy is setup. So your saying that a company can do this if they want because their policy isn't a contract? If so then what's the catch? Why even make a dicipline policy? When its time to stand up for yourself its like false hope?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. In the scenario you describe, you go to the boss and say "I was busy with customers all day and I couldn't get free to take out the trash. I understand that you don't want us to work overtime. However, do you still want me to stay and take out the trash?" Let my boss decide.

If the company has employees sign a sheet saying we agree to company policies and will follow them, isn't that just like a contract?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back