what cane be done about this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenabrams

I was recently arrested for shop lifting in a grocery store went in front OF a commissioner AND was told I couldn't return back to that store I asked "what about other Safeway?" Her told me I was aloud in any Safeway besides that one specific one my girlfriend went into THE Safeway near OUR house 20 mind away from THE store where THE incident happened she baught $300 worth OF grocery on her way out THE door 3 BIG men grabbed her pressed her arms up behind her back snatched her purse out her hand drug her thru THE store in front OF many other customers she repeatedly asked them "who are you?" AND "what are you doing this for" AND they refused to anwser her once they got her in THE office they said she was trespassing AND searched her purse without probable cause n searched her pockets mind you they WERE watching THE cameras THE whole time she was in THE store they knew she didn't steal anything while she was in there AND when she explained to them she wasn't bared from ALL Safeway only THE one in Annapolis Maryland AND she had paper work to prove it.they told her "they didn't want to heat anything she had to say "AND had her sign a paper saying she wouldn't return back in any Safeway ever again in THE unites states AND told her when I come in there they will "yoke me up AND treat me THE same way"she didn't want to sign THE paper but she had a cart full OF grocery AND someone waiting for her outside for a ride so she just wanted out OF there becaisenof THE embarrassment AND emotions she was going through at THE time because OF how they did her in front OF ALL them people AND just to give her a paper so I'm reaching out to you to see if WE have a case AND should WE have a lawyer go into THE store with me when I go AND this recorded because WE have paper work stating THE only one WERE bared out OF is one certain Safeway not ALL OF them..
Please contact me back ASAP AND let me know what can be done or should be done about this situation AND do WE have a case against them ??

Rude treatment of those having been given a trespass warning is not grounds for anything. Now you know to both stay out of Safeway.

I am a retail theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. First off it was very unwise to name store on public forum and not needed for answers. As far as a "case" goes you will need to ask an Attorney. However I can say the LPs likely went beyond their company's limits. This wont get you any big reward and if you did sue it would take at least a year for case to be heard with no guarantee you would win. Its unlikely your case would be taken on contingency. What your GF (not you) needs to do is contact stores corporate office to complain. It wont get you any cash reward but you she should get a gift card out of this.

What you describe is an assault/battery at the hands of the store employees as well as possible false imprisonment and kidnapping.

This should have been reported to law enforcement immediately, either by her or the store. She should still do so and contact an attorney as well.

The no trespass agreement does not give anyone the right to handle her the way they did... assuming it happened as you describe.

If you feel your rights have been trampled consult a local attorney.
Don't shop where your custom is unappreciated.
As for the thugs (if your story is correct) that accosted the person in your story, she should contact an attorney and sue the store. Safeway has very deep pockets. The thugs that accosted and illegally imprisoned her, should also be reported to the police.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back