What Can I Use For Lost Birth Certificate

egrizzly

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hello all,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. One of the National Minority Supplier Development Council affiliates - DFW Minority Supplier Development Council (dfwnmsdc.org) is requesting that I provide a birth certificate. I have lost my birth certificate and unable to obtain my parents birth certificate as well. So because I'm in this dilemma it seems I don't meet their requirement of providing a birth certificate or parents birth certificate.

A buddy of mine said I should go ask an attorney, that their should trully be another legal document that can be used in place of my birth certificate thus my engagement with this forum. Please help. What can I use?

Hello all,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. One of the National Minority Supplier Development Council affiliates - DFW Minority Supplier Development Council (dfwnmsdc.org) is requesting that I provide a birth certificate. I have lost my birth certificate and unable to obtain my parents birth certificate as well. So because I'm in this dilemma it seems I don't meet their requirement of providing a birth certificate or parents birth certificate.

A buddy of mine said I should go ask an attorney, that their should trully be another legal document that can be used in place of my birth certificate thus my engagement with this forum. Please help. What can I use?

Birth Record FAQs

Rather than go all around Robin Hood's barn trying to find a way to bypass the requirements and use a different document, why don't you just order a replacement birth certificate (instructions included in Blue's link)?

I suggest that you ask somebody at the council what alternatives there might be.

Or, is there some reason that you can't, or won't, get a duplicate.

It's possible that the OP was not born in the US, which can make obtaining a copy of the birth certificate more difficult.

[Someone] is requesting that I provide a birth certificate.

Why?

I have lost my birth certificate and unable to obtain my parents birth certificate as well. So because I'm in this dilemma it seems I don't meet their requirement of providing a birth certificate or parents birth certificate.

This is more of a curiosity than anything else. What does "parents birth certificate" mean? I'm guessing you omitted the apostrophe, so did you mean "parents' birth certificates" (plural)? Or did you mean the birth certificate (singular) of either parent? Also, why would that be a substitute for your own birth certificate since their birth certificates would provide no information about you. You could obtain a birth certificate of literally any woman of an appropriate age to be your mother and claim it is your mother's. Again, nothing more than a curiosity.

Determining whether something else might suffice would require an explanation of why this entity wants your birth certificate and also a review of the entity's rules.

Why not simply go to the vital records agency in the county where you were born and obtain a duplicate birth certificate?

Back