what can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgraham723

I have been secretly accused of stealing at work. The person who actually stole was seen and when it was told to the general manager.. he dismissed it because he is great friends with him... my schedule has been drastically reduced because of this and management has not told me!.. I found out secretly through Co workers about my one day a week schedule the so called reason.
What can I do? I refuse to be homeless or without ever again! Plz help

File for unemployment (you do not have to be fired before you can file if you are not getting your usual hours). Short of a legally binding and enforceable contract that guarantees your hours will never fall below X, there is nothing you can do to force your employer to schedule you for more hours than he wants to schedule you for.

I work for a restaurant... can they legally do that without telling me.. I have to live and eat. I was promised 30 he's and better. Ans now I get 6.. I didn't steal anything. It's. Been 3 weeks and neither managers. Have spoken with me..do I have a legal case or what can I do legally. I am a very. Good worker. And.

I'm not looking for more hours or wanting to work for that company. Again.. they are calling me a thief and causing me to apply for unemployment and seek counseling

I work for a restaurant... can they legally do that without telling me.. I have to live and eat. I was promised 30 he's and better. Ans now I get 6.. I didn't steal anything. It's. Been 3 weeks and neither managers. Have spoken with me..do I have a legal case or what can I do legally. I am a very. Good worker. And.

Yes. They can legally do that without telling you.

Unless that promise was made in such a way that it constitutes a contract, and nothing you have posted suggests that it does, what you were promised has no legal standing.

No. You do not have a legal case.

I've already told you what you can do legally. You can file for unemployment. And you can look for other work.

I don't know what to do or who to contanct.... I just think it's unfair and how can I make it right.. I can't pay rent or electric I am set back. I only get 6 hrs a week because of this

You file for UI benefits based on reduced hours to recoup some of the lost income. If you want to deal with the false alegations talk to someone within your company at higher position

So if someone is caught stealing and it was told to a general manager.. he can choose to dismiss the information provided and blame another employee .. without. An investigation cut hours and force unemployment... they can legally do that?

Your confusing the court requirements vs your issues. They can fire you,reduce your hours or, any number of things unless there is an employment contract that states otherwise. The scales of justice to not apply. Google "at will". Once again is there a higher up you can take your issue to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back