1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

What can I do if my employer won’t pay what he has promised or pay period?

Discussion in 'Employee Benefits, Pensions' started by Bailey Garrett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Bailey Garrett

Bailey Garrett Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Alabama
    I am an employee of an online business. We decided upon my salary and I have texts where he told me exactly how much my check is supposed to be. I also have messages where he says my paycheck will be deposited over night multiple times but it never happens. I’m not sure what to do, but I need my check. I’m in Alabama and he is in Florida.

2. KatDini

KatDini Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are being scammed. Best you can do is sue the bad person in small claims court (but you'd have to do so in Florida, if the scammer really is in Florida).

3. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

You are in one of the worst possible states for wage and hour issues, and Florida is another of the worst. Even if it's not a scam and just a bad employer, small claims is about your only option.