What can happen

Melbourne

I was fired yesterday at a part time job for not finalizing sales and taking money (it was about 400 in total) they showed me transactions that were voided and asked where the money went, I said I don't know, they told me I had two choices..I either admit to taking the money and write it on paper and pay them back and no charges will be laid or they will call the police and press charges. They didn't have any proof of me actually taking the money only the false transactions. I also asked for all the pictures and proof and they would not give it to me. I expressed that I was uncomfortable not having a witness or lawyer in the room and felt pressured and they kept saying oh you have two choices, my concern now is that I admitted to it and put it on writing so they can go against what they told me and still charge me? and are they allowed to contact my current employer or past employers?

Canadian employment law and US employment law is not the same - there are significant differences between the two. This is a US board. I don't think anyone here is an expert on Canadian law.

You might want to google search for a Canadian law forum or talk to a lawyer in your area. As noted, this is a US law forum.

Back