What can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheknurpulse

My children were taken from me on March. My husband and I have had supervised visits and now we are suppose to have the visits in the home. CPS has been dragging their feet. Every time I call the foster care caseworker she keeps telling me she's waiting to hear from legal. All of this is suppose to happen within 45 days and that deadline is coming up real soon. We were ordered the home visits August 9th. I have told the foster care caseworker that they are in violation of the judges orders and she said she knows. Is there anything that can be done?

cheknurpulse said:
My children were taken from me on March. My husband and I have had supervised visits and now we are suppose to have the visits in the home. CPS has been dragging their feet. Every time I call the foster care caseworker she keeps telling me she's waiting to hear from legal. All of this is suppose to happen within 45 days and that deadline is coming up real soon. We were ordered the home visits August 9th. I have told the foster care caseworker that they are in violation of the judges orders and she said she knows. Is there anything that can be done?

You should wait until the deadline has passed. In the interim, you might try speaking to legal aid. You should research the law involved, and prepare a motion requesting the judge to address the statutory violation. Legal aid might help you with it. You could also seek help at a nearby law school's legal clinic.

We are just curious as to what can be done. If we are court ordered to do something they will expect us to do it. I am just putting feelers out to see what exactly can be done.

We are just curious as to what can be done. If we are court ordered to do something they will expect us to do it. I am just putting feelers out to see what exactly can be done.

What has your lawyer told you?
He or she is familiar with your case.
They have information we don't.
I wouldn't reveal too much on the internet.
You never know WHO might be reading these things.

I can tell you that you need patience.
The wheels of justice do grind slowly.

To be honest I don't care who is reading them. I am going to give them the 45 days. The judge didn't say 45 working day. So, I am counting the weekends also. So, according to my calculations they have until the 23rd of this month to get it going.

cheknurpulse said:
To be honest I don't care who is reading them. I am going to give them the 45 days. The judge didn't say 45 working day. So, I am counting the weekends also. So, according to my calculations they have until the 23rd of this month to get it going.

Usually, 45 days means working days, not calendar days. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back