What can a business do about a forum harassing their customers?

Jurisdiction
Michigan
Is there anything a business can do about a forum administrator/owner harassing their customers?
Can a forum get shut down for this?
The problem is, customers gather to this forum to discuss the use of the product, and in return they are being harassed, bullied, and blocked by this administrator. Then in turn, customers are getting into contact with the business with complaints regarding the forum, which the business has no control over.
The business is now creating their own forum, but what can be done about the one in place, if anything?
Can this person be stopped at all?

Thanks!

Is there anything a business can do about a forum administrator/owner harassing their customers?
Can a forum get shut down for this?
The problem is, customers gather to this forum to discuss the use of the product, and in return they are being harassed, bullied, and blocked by this administrator. Then in turn, customers are getting into contact with the business with complaints regarding the forum, which the business has no control over.
The business is now creating their own forum, but what can be done about the one in place, if anything?
Can this person be stopped at all?

Thanks!

Remove that person as an admin. Yes a forum could get shut down if enough people reported it. If the owner of the business wants they can remove that person as admin. If the owner is the bully then they are just going to lose business.

Is the current forum run by the business or someone else? If the business makes a new forum that they claim as their official forum, then no one will go to the other one. Just tell people don't go to that other forum.

I got the impression that the business owner has nothing to do with the first forum so it's up to the customers to report the behavior to the forum owner or just avoid the forum.

The exception would be if the forum owner was defaming the business.

If people are expressing their disgust with the food you're serving, there's nothing you can do to silence them.

If someone were to say, "I ate a pizza from Pop's
Izard Palace that had roaches on it, in lieu of black olives."

If that person posted pictures of the roaches on the pizza, you'd be better served to investigate how it occurred.

I'm not sure why you believe a forum can criticize your business.
However, I don't need to know why.

If you wish to look into your options to silence public opinion, I suggest you speak with a couple lawyers in your county.

I'm not sure to whom "their" refers. I'm sure the business "can do" lots of things, but it's not at all clear what's happening. What I can tell you is that XYZ Company has no legal standing to do anything about Bob harassing Susan (when neither Bob nor Susan are employees or agents of XYZ).

what can be done about the one in place, if anything?

I'm sure lots of things "can be done" by many different persons.

The only thing that comes to mind is that, if the operation of the existing "forum" is causing confusion amongst the customers about the extent to which the business is connected with the forum, that could allow for a trademark infringement suit.

Back