Assault & Battery What are the possible charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevea361

A friend of mine was accused of grabbing a minor(13) and threating hime at a hockey arena. The child from what I here was being belligerent and used profanity to make fun of his last name. The police know would like to question him. 1)What are the possible charges? 2) should he have a lawyer before he talks to police. To my knowledge there are no witnesses or video recordings.

What state is this in?

Is your friend an adult?

The charges could likely include assault and/or battery, as well as some manner of criminal threats (depending on the content of the threats and the laws of your state).

It might not be a bad idea for your friend to speak with an attorney before speaking to the police.

- Carl

Please provide me with steps to take to file a motion to dismiss my criminal public defender...

I'm not sure if I'm using the right terminology....but here's the deal.......I went to court yesterday and I explained to the judge that due to the fact that the public defender hasn't spoke to me and do want to hear my side of the story.......wants me to jump to the first bargain that the prosecutor offers.....I don't feel that she will represent me properly.........so I ask the judge if I could request for another lawyer.....the judge said yes.....but first what I must do is file a motion to dismiss the public defender that I have....I didnt ask the judge how to do that so now I don't know what to do.....do I just write a letter to the judge or what?

Sorry, but I do not know how you can go about dismissing your public defender. Check with the court clerk and see if they have any forms or documents on how to do this. You might also check at a local law library and see if they have anything on how to accomplish this.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back