what are my rights as a 17 year old kid in arizona, physchological abuse, emotional abuse and neglct

Cece123

Jurisdiction
Arizona
What do parents have the right to do, can they prevent me from seeing specific people, a friend or someone important to the kid, and if so what do the parents need to do so? Can the parents do so by just saying it or do the parents need to get a restraining order? What do the parents need to file a restraining order? How do you prove verbal abuse, how do you prove mental and psychological abuse?

What do parents have the right to do, can they prevent me from seeing specific people, a friend or someone important to the kid, and if so what do the parents need to do so? Can the parents do so by just saying it or do the parents need to get a restraining order? What do the parents need to file a restraining order? How do you prove verbal abuse, how do you prove mental and psychological abuse?
Yes, parents may prohibit their minor children from seeing someone that they disapprove of. If that person continue to see their child, the parent could seek an RO.
Is this situation, your situation? If so, are you in therapy?
Define "verbal/mental and psychological abuse". Who is it that your parents don't want you to see? What reasons did they give you for this directive?

What do parents have the right to do, can they prevent me from seeing specific people, a friend or someone important to the kid, and if so what do the parents need to do so?

This is a very vague question, so here's a very broad and general answer. Until a child reaches the age of majority, his/her parents get to control what he/she does and whom he/she sees.

Can the parents do so by just saying it or do the parents need to get a restraining order?

A restraining order for what?

What do the parents need to file a restraining order?

The only person/entity who can file a restraining order is a court. A person can apply to a court for a restraining order, and the court may or may not issue it based on the applicable law and the relevant facts.

how do you prove mental and psychological abuse?

To the extent those are concepts recognized by the law, the way you prove them is the same way you prove anything: with evidence.

If you're a minor and believe you're being illegally abused by your parent(s) or legal guardian(s), contact the local child protective services authority or a trusted advisor such as a teacher, school counselor or clergy member. Just bear in mind that folks in the categories I mentioned are mandatory reporters, so if what's happening is, in fact, illegal, they'll be obligated to report it to the appropriate authorities.

Unless you want to post some actual facts about what's happening to you, that's about all anyone here can tell you.

Unless you're an emancipated minor (which you don't seem to be) yes your parents can say you aren't allowed to see specific people, friends, etc. Until you're 18 or emancipated in some other way, your parents get to make decisions for you.

Now can they stop you from sneaking around to see these people? No but they can issue consequences/punishment for going against them. If the parents thought it was necessary, they could go file for a protection order against people that are harassing their child. They would have to have proof to get a permanent order.

Who is abusing you? If someone is abusing you, go report it to the police.

Back