What are my options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m2windham

anyways, heres my story.

My name is doug Windham, i worked as an assisstant manager at captain D's for about 2 years. I was an exception employee who went the extra mile for my company, my employees, and my customers. I strongly believe in fair treatment and that everyone is justly compensated (whether that be the customer, employee, etc)

Most of the time i had worked in Corinth & the local Captain D's restuarant. I was transfered to booneville store over the summer.

During my time there, i reviewed our weekly sign off sheets (shows hours worked as recorded by the computer) and started noticing problems. My General Manager at the booneville store was deducting time off of employees so she could improve her labor dollar amount to recieve her periodical bonus (A large amount, sometimes 2-3 hundred).

What it boiled down to was that employees that worked 20 hours a week was reduced tobeing paid for 17-18 hours. If you worked 30-40 hours, you got payed for 3-4 hrs less than that. If you went into overtime, You didnt recieve pay for any of that. It had been going on for a while, i went back as far as december checking records. I promptly reported this to our Human resources department. And we were compensated for pay lost ONLY on the week before. Non of the termed employees got any pay back, and non of the employees who had been docked in times past were compensated for those occurances.

Anyways, Our area director came to the store and I felt happy that this was going to be taken care of. However, My ABO (Area Director) demonized me and scorned me for going to the human resource department, saying I had made a big mess out of something that could have easily been fixed. (He was gonna jus cut us a check, and keep the whole situation hush hush). Well as time went by (2-3 weeks) I was beginning to get disciplined for any infraction no matter how small (or existant). Being the only manager on duty, i was still forced to clock out for 30 minute breaks where as I still had to perform my duties (Which constitutes working off the clock as I am not relieved of effort physically or mentally as defined by Supreme court).

One weekend I was sick & attempted to call in. My employer rejected my phone calls (ignore button). And that following monday iw as taken off the schedule. I tried desperatly to reach anyone in company, and the only person who would respond was my ABO (After many emails & calls). He told me i was terminated as a no call no show for the monday I was taken off the schedule (As i didnt "Call In", because i had been replaced on that shift).

Now, Im struggling. I have a car payment i can't pay. I have rent that i can't pay. Utilities are struggling, and I cash change in for groceries. I dont have other work references and when i put in my applications, I get bad reports from this employer.... All because I wanted my employees to be fairly compensated.

I am considering going to the DOL with my case, as it will easily be proven with a quick check of the weekly sign sheets.

Thanks for your time.

Doug Windham

Can someone please respond let me know what i can do about this? Am i eligible for Unemployment? can i get my job back? I jus want to make ends meet here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back