Western Union loss claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhoward

I sent money via W/Union(over $6000) to UK from St Thomas USVI. The receiver had no way of knowing it had been sent but Western Union said it was collected and that was it. They sent the paper work the receiver supposedly filled out. This hand written form (photocopy) had his name spelt wrong and it was not his signature (receiver has to produce phot ID such as passport or drivers license to verify). W/Union said the date of collection was BEFORE I contacted my receiver to say the money was on the way. It is 100% IMPOSSIBLE that it was collected by the person I stated as the receiver. What can I do now?

I have no idea what you can do - I'm sorry. Why were you sending money without the receiver knowing you were sending cash? If it was impossible that the receiver collected the money, then perhaps someone was reading your emails or knew about your transfer and called ahead? What ID was provided to Western Union? Your best bet is to try to hang them on not requiring a proper ID although that is probably not going to be easy. I don't know why you'd send money without the receiver knowing - just not a good policy. Good luck.

Were you buying something? Were you scammed? NEVER ever send cash via Western union to anyone you do not know. They could have presented a fake ID too and it is not WU's responsibility to ensure ID's are legit. You take a huge risk when you wire that much money to a stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back