Consumer Law, Warranties Wedding Potographer Sells & Moves 2 Another Country W/out Fullfilling My Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roanie

My jurisdiction is: Texas

HELP! I hired my photographer last summer (07) for my wedding that was held September 29, 2007. The business was owned by a husband/wife team. We purchased a package totaling alittle over $5,000. They told us to take our time to choose the pictures for the photobook that was included in the package. I called her this past August because I was having trouble emailing her our photo choices when she informed me they were in the process of selling and transfering their business over to a new owner and that they would be moving out of the country due to family issues. She told me that the new owners would have all the ontracts and that they would be fulfilling the contracts of their brides. She told me I had to many photos chosen and to narrow it down some more and then summit it to the ne owners. So I tried to do that the begging of this November. That is when the new owners said that they will try to fulfill m contract but first they were suing the previous owners because the previos owners told them all their contracts were fulfilled. So my question is Do the new owners still need to uphold my contract with the photography business? If so what steps do I take to get my photos?

If the new owners bought the whole business, they bought it subject to its existing obligations. The business is obliged to fulfill your contract. The new owners can turn around and sue the old owner if they like for lying to them - that's got nothing to do with you.

Do whatever it is you need to do under the contract to fulfill your end of the bargain - probably narrow down your selections and submit your order. Accompany it with a letter indicating that the owners' dispute is with the former owner, not with you, and you expect the studio will fulfill its agreement with you or will otherwise refund your payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back