Website won't take down my profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powka

Hi,

Years ago, I created a casting profile on this small casting website, with my name, details and headshot. I've just noticed that it's still there, after I sent them 2 or 3 requests to remove my profile. My requests are ignored.

Can I threaten them somehow, and possibly sue? Is there a case, or not? And if there is, how much would a lawsuit cost? I'm in California right now, the website is based off UK tho.

What other options aside from a lawsuit do I have? I'm a professional with a growing reputation, and I can't have my name and profile pic shinning like this on the first page of Google on some shady casting website.

Thank you!

You can ask them nicely, but there is nothing the court (in either the UK or the US) will do for you.

What you put online can haunt you forever, I'm afraid.

Well, obviously I've put up that account with an agreement that I can remove it whenever I want, and now they breached that agreement and I can't remove it. Surely this isn't legal, is it?

Let's say I create a dating site, gather a bunch of accounts with people's photos & personal info, and then just decide not to let them log into those accounts. Is that really legal? Because that's essentially what happened. If it is, then it sounds pretty stupid.

Why not MODIFY your profile?
Perhaps you CORRECT the spelling of your name?
Maybe your picture morphs into an unrecognizable monster?
You could have a lot of fun UPDATING your profile. Wink wink cough cough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back