Website uses my name is conjuncton with having nude photos of me and is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jencudnik

Hi,

I recently found out that the website icelebsdb is using my name saying they have nude photos of me on their website which is 100% false. When you click on "Click Here For Jennifer Cudnik's Nude Pictures & Naked Videos " they show you pictures of naked men. My mom actually found the site and called me upset thinking that I was naked on the internet. I contacted the Domain name registers and they said contact the hosting company. I sent them an email but they are in Germany and don't know how much they will bother with US laws. I tried to contact the webmaster but their information is protected by Whoisguard. I have been emailing them back and forth saying they are in breach of their service agreement because usining my name in one of their clients websites without my permission is illegal and they are aware their subscriber is is commiting illegal actions and they have to turn over the webmasters contact information in cases like this but the people there say I have submitted to them no evidence. I don't know what my next step is as I have given them all the information. I am frustrated because the site saying they have nude photos of me is very hurtful and disparaging and I know my mom was upset because some of her co-workers saw the site. Can someone help, please?

Jennifer Cudnik

What if your name had been Joe Jones, Mary Smith, or Tim Turtle?
Your name is special to you, unfortunately (for you) you aren't the only Jennifer Cudnik on the planet.
I did a search of your name, it returned more than 10 pages.
Try it yourself.

This website is unscrupulous, yet it isn't illegal.
It probably harvested a name similar to yours from a social networking website, personal website, or _________. It could have gotten that name from anywhere.

It probably selected your name with information someone named "Jennifer Cudnik" posted as an actress!

You have no legal basis on which to an action.
Your intuition about the website being in another country is but one of the many challenges one would have to overcome.

Sorry, that would have been the least of your worries.

You have no cause of action.

Thanks for responding. I understand that my name is not unique however on the specific site claiming they have nude photos they have photos of me and it is obviously me however they are from my imdb profile. They took my acting photos and linked then to their site under the false representation that they are nude which they are only headshots. I would post the specific page I am talking about but the form won't let me post hyperlinks. It is me they are talking about an no on else. Plus when you google my name 99% of those hits are related to me.

Jen

Thanks for responding. I understand that my name is not unique however on the specific site claiming they have nude photos they have photos of me and it is obviously me however they are from my imdb profile. They took my acting photos and linked then to their site under the false representation that they are nude which they are only headshots. I would post the specific page I am talking about but the form won't let me post hyperlinks. It is me they are talking about an no on else. Plus when you google my name 99% of those hits are related to me.

Jen

I noticed when I Googled the name.

I tried to avoid outing you.

But, even with the NEW information, I see nothing actionable.

As you know (or will soon learn), public figures have little expectation of privacy.

Should you continue to feel aggrieved, you can hire an attorney and pursue the devils.

I suspect you can get an attorney in LA for around $5-10 k to bring the fury of a lawsuit on someone.

But, this someone is outside US jurisdiction.

That is a major problem in stopping these creeps.

They hide in other countries.

I suspect that when they are REALLY located, it'll be in one of the former iron curtain nations or somewhere in Asia!

Obtaining jurisdiction over these evil doers will be almost impossible.

Lacking jurisdiction, there is little that you can do to bring these creeps to justice.

As what they have done to date, borders just this side of legal, no law enforcement agency can touch them, either!

Last edited:
Thanks for your help and trying not to out me. However, I am really not a public figure just an struggling actress trying to make a living in LA. Falsly advertising that they have nude photos of me with my professional headshot next to the statement is extremely hurtful to my reputation as I have a professional day job and the fact that I can't do anything about makes me feel helpless. I am not trying to get any money out of it I just want it taken down. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back