Website order "pricing glitch"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena13

I ordered some shoes on a website at extremely low prices, I thought it was some sort of clearance. They send me a confirmation e-mail with the same prices saying it would be shipped then the next day the send me an e-mail canceling my order due to a "pricing glitch" please view the e-mail they sent. Is this right? I want my shoes at the price advertised glitch or not! Thanks for your help! -Athena

Dear Customer,

Due to a pricing glitch in our database, some or all of the items on your order received an unintended 90% discount. At this time, we are voiding all affected orders. Your cards will not be charged. We invite you to place your order again and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

This applies to all orders placed between 11:00AM and 7:50PM on August 16th, 2007.

If you have any questions, please reply to this e-mail or call our customer service line at 360-200-1537.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Christopher Augustine

LoveMyShoes.Com Customer Service Department

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.11.19/956 - Release Date: 8/16/2007 9:48 AM

Did you call customer service? They did nothing illegal and notified customers in a timely manner that there was an error and removed the charges.

Did you call customer service? They did nothing illegal and notified customers in a timely manner that there was an error and removed the charges.

Let's take this excellent response one step further. If the price was an obvious error then there is absolutely no legal remedy. I remember the good old days when Urban Fetch and Kozmo were at each other's backs trying to deliver anything to your home in an hour at cut rate prices. There were a number of times when they had glitches in their systems from all the manipulation that was going on and they had to correct the prices regularly. Sometimes they had DVDs being sold at $1 that normally sold for $11 or $2 that sold for $20. It was obviously a mistake which they could correct before shipment and not be liable for. If they had changed the price from $10 to $11 then that might be considered bait and switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back