Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI We Have The Worst Legal System

Status
Not open for further replies.

innocent

:mad: I am a 20 yr old student at UNC. I have never done drugs in my life. I have never been pulled over either. I was in CO when I got pulled for speeding 63 in a 50 at 12:30 a.m. on a bumf**k 4 lane road in the middle of no where. The A$$HOLE COP who decided to make my life a living hell said he smelt alcohol so he tricked me into doing a sobriety tests in the 20 degree weather. I failed this test so I was cuffed and taken to the station and blew a .00 and 0 cannabis and 0 drugs showed up on my urine test. I was arrested. I can't go to my parents b/c I will indefinitely lose all trust, my brand new car (which my father bought because I haven't gotten any tickets or been in any wrecks), computer, have to move back home, etc. This is now on my record. I am applying for my dream job at a pharmaceutical company that does criminal record checks and the whole 9 yards. First of all, I WAS NOT DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE. I talked to the DA and he is still going to prosecute my case. WHAT THE F**K SHOULD I DO? My case is in a week. I don't have $ to get an attorney.

This is not legal Advice!

Hey,

From what you have put, i cant see any case against you. Ask them on what grounds and what eveidance they are going to proceed with?
I would however leave the cussing bits out when you ask.

Good Luck.

First of all, you are long way from a pharma job. Most require you to be at least 21 and the job is VERY competitive and you are going up against hundreds of applicants for the same position. My husband is a pharma rep and its hard to get hired, especially fresh out of college.

You should be given a public defender. If you do not want a public defender then your only recourse is to hire your own attorney. Maybe it is time to ask your parents for help. So you lose the new car, big deal. At least maybe you can get this off your record.

If you are convicted of DUI then you are basically out of the loop for pharma for at least 39 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back