water damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

stae

My jurisdiction is: canada

we own a suite that has been water damage from above us and we dont have insurance i dont know if we could get any compensation for what happen. they said they dont have insurance too.

the police said they were doing grow-off and they had a physical argument that's why the pipe broke, but the people were not there anymore and the owner said she don't know were to contact them :rolleyes: how smart is she!!! she will rent her place and no reference....I don't think so....and she's pretending she don't know any english.... but one of her tenant said she can speak very well english and they have a contract too... for renting there place.....by the way the suite above me and beside that is both from the owner who's pretending....well i don't know if i can sue the owner, i think it's her responsibility......what do you think?? thank you......

Last edited:
You can sue, but I'm not sure why the owner of the suite would be liable for the tenants having an argument and breaking the pipes. Maybe breach of a duty to take proper care in renting? What province are you in?

the strata were i live is suing the owner and they said i have to do the same thing....anyway i'm from Vancouver BC....

Talk to the strata and see if you can join as co-plaintiff. That's probably the easiest and cheapest way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back