Washington State new law where can you smoke marijuana at

Status
Not open for further replies.

teresaw

Hello all I have a few questions about Washington states new marijuana law. I was wondering if any one knows the answer to these few questions if not where i may find the information. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Washington State new law where can you smoke marijuana at

1) In Washington State can you smoke marijuana outside of your apartment's front door?
2) What if you live in a HUD apartment?
3) In Washington State now that marijuana is legal, but is it still considered an illegal drug or is it considered an intoxicant like alcohol?
4) If you are just smoking marijuana is that considered as you doing an illegal activity?
5) Prior to the marijuana law passing if you had signed a paper in your rental agreement agreeing to a drug free environment can you be evicted for smoking marijuana at your front door? Because wouldn't it be considered more like some one smoking a cigarette at there front door?
6) I understand about the smoke free rule our apartment complex has that means no smoking anything in your apartment.
7) Are the apartments manager/owners suppose to update & replace the existing document to reflect the new law?

1. Depends on what your lease says.

2. That's likely going to be a massive "no"

3. Federally, it's still illegal.

4. Depends.

5. Yes, you can be evicted - legally.

6. Good.

7. Nope. They're not obliged to do so.

The law forbids smoking marijuana in public places, similar to laws that restrict the consumption of alcohol.
Smoking marijuana in your doorway, in public view, is still illegal. Police might not take action against something so petty,but a landlord might.

Thank you so much for answering my silly questions. I looked up SOME OF the breakdown of this new law. all I can say is WOW REALLY!! there are a lot of small details that probably almost everyone that voted it in didn't read & are now saying WTF. especially all those people that as soon as it was law in Seattle garbed there marijuana and pipes and headed out and about thinking in there head it was ok just to be able smoke it where they please "NOT" all the freedom they thought they had came to a screeching halt.
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE HELP IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

As always I greatly appreciate everyone's help and insight on each question I post. Thank you so much for answering my somewhat silly questions. Some questions may seem silly to others but I would rather ask them rather than having to ask them behind bars. So if you just assume and don't ask that's when it will usually bite you in the BUTT. So if you don't ask then you don't really know for sure do you. I always say its better safe than sorry especially in legal matters it is way harder to get answers or ask questions if you are behind bars. I did totally forget about that information about not being able to smoke it in public . it was just a tiny 1 sentence in the law description but it has the biggest impact on what, where and how the law is used. if I would of remembered that i wouldn't of had to ask 3/4 of the questions above don't i feel silly now. LOL
thank you

So here I am poking some fun into things by stating just the facts...

This is my conclusion of this law it's quite funny to me if you look at it with a better understanding of some of it. Now you being a person of 21 which is the legally age you can legaly possess 1 ounce, & smoke marijuana right? well the catch is.
1) there is no place yet in Washington that you can legally purchase marijuana.
2) you can not grow it in Washington until you get approved for a license to grow it if you can get one.
3) the dispensaries can not sell it to you because they are for the medical marijuana patients, not to the general public.
4) you can not have anyone send any to you. because you can not send thing like that through the mail. no matter what its ilega federal mail get it. its still illegal on the federal level no matter what.
5) & you can not magically conjure up your marijuana. even though it would be nice it just don't happen LOL
6) but If you could get some somehow you could not even smoke it unless you own your own home. because 99.99% of all apartment & house rentals have you sign a paper about the rental being a smoke free & drug free area. that means any kind of smoking is not allowed & most places have banned it smoking not only inside but on the property. & BY THIS LAW YOU CAN NOT
SMOKE IN ANY PUBLIC AREA EITHER. which is all out doors.

SO HERE IS MY HUMOR ON THIS MATTER SO TELL ME IF THE LEGAL SYSTEM REALLY WANTED TO SCREW WITH YOU & CHANGE THINGS THEY EASILY COULD. BECAUSE SOMEONE 21 & ABOVE IN WASHINGTON CAN NOT LEGALLY BUY IT YET, OR GROW IT, OR
GET SENT ANY. HOW WOULD YOU GET IT? YOU WOULD OF HAD TO BUY IT OFF THE BLACK MARKET RIGHT {& THAT IS ILLEGAL} & YOU COULD BE CHARGED WITH IT IF SOMEONE WANTED TO PURSUE IT TO THAT FULL EXTENT & BELIEVE ME I WOULD NOT PUT IT PAST ANYONE BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE FIGHT TO THE DEATH OVER LESS & SOME WILL GO TO COURT TO SUE OTHERS FOR LESS THAN A DOLLAR. SO IF YOU WERE ACTUALLY ASKED HOW DID YOU GET THAT MARIJUANA, YOU WOULD SOUND LIKE THIS ((UM . UM..UM.. I.. A BUDDY YEAH THAT'S RIGHT MY BUDDY FOUND IT SOMEWHERE.)) LIKE THEY WERE GOING TO BUY THAT ONE. LOL.... SO IN REALITY YOU CAN LEGALLY POSSES & SMOKE MARIJUANA BUT YOU HAVE NO WAY TO GET IT SO YOU CAN POSSES & SMOKE
IT.... NOW THAT'S JUST IRONIC AND MESSED UP ISN'T IT. SO IN SHORT IF YOU WANT TO GET MARIJUANA YOU COULD TRY & ASK MAYBE (SANTA CLAUSE, OR THE EASTER BUNNY OR EVEN THE TOOTH FAIRY). IF YOU CAN GET ANY OF THESE GUYS TO AGREE TO BRING YOU SOME THEN IN FACT YOU COULD HONESTLY & LEGALLY SMOKE MARIJUANA IN WASHINGTON. BUT.........JUST REMEMBER WHOEVER BRINGS IT TO YOU COULD & PROBABLY WOULD BE ARRESTED FOR DELIVERING A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T GET THEIR MARIJUANA LICENSE YET. I COULD SEE IT ON THE NEWS NOW ""BREAKING NEWS"" ---" "CHRISTMAS CANCELED DUE TO SANTA CLAUSE BEING IN PRISON FOR MULTIPLE DRUG DELIVERY CHARGES & SINCE HE HAD TO TRAVEL OVER DIFFERENT BORDERS HE IS BEING CHARGED WITH DRUGS TRAFFICKING & SMUGGLING. " SANTA CLAUSE IS SENTENCED TO LIFE IN PRISON WITHOUT CHANCE OF BAIL,"" WOULDN'T THAT BE THE SHITS. EXPLAIN THAT ONE TO THE KIDS...

ROFLMAO

It's simple. If police ever ask where you got the marijuana you don't give an answer. It must be proven that you obtained it illegally. No need to help them.
Maybe you just found it on the sidewalk as you were walking by.
Maybe it fell from an airplane.
Maybe you found it buried on a time capsule.
It doesn't matter. If you possess the legal amount there is nothing they can do unless you slip up and incriminate yourself.... So keep your big yapper shut.

LOL I love your answer I totally agree, but there are a lot of people that just do not think on the fly that well & they do end up just incriminate there self. So for everyone that didn't think this way just remember what mightymoose said....Keep your yapper shut & think about what you say before you say it.
I hope everyone has a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back