Washer and Dryer on Craigs list

Status
Not open for further replies.

dommad

I sold a washer and dryer on Craigs list. They were initially purchased in 2003 and stored in a climate controlled facility. I purchased them from the original purchaser in July 2007, both appliances at that time still had all of the manufacturer's labels on them. I then used the machines in my home until August 2008, at which point we moved to a home that already had machines. We were still considering a switch until we noticed that our utility room only had the hookup for a gas dryer. At this point I posted the ad for the machines. When I posted the ad I stated that they were in good working condition and used for 1 year. In further emails with the purchaser I stated the entire situation. The purchaser came and picked up the machines and is now saying the washing machine leaks and upon her inspection there is more than 1 years worth of use. She is asking for a partial refund. I have emailed back a refusal of refund due to the fact that I was completely up front with all of the information, she didn't test them before picking them up and then she transported them herself. I cannot in good faith refund money when the machines may have been damaged when she herself moved them. If I was up front with the information am I at all liable for the machines?

This is why I buy my appliances at Sears ... I don't have to cross my fingers and hope I am getting a good deal.

- Carl

I'm curious as to just how someone proves that a washer has had more than one years use? For example, did she find a T-shirt with "2004" printed on it?

At any rate, forget what this woman claims. Most items one buys on places like Craigs List tend to fall in the "sold as is" category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back