Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Was this search legal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistryca

My boyfriend who is on parole gave his parole officer 3 dirty drug tests. His parole officer offered him to enroll into a 21 day impatient drug treatment program. My boyfriend failed to check himself into the program his parole officer reccommended, but he trying to check into another program, but there was no beds available and he was to call everyday til there was, which he did. Unfortunately there wasn't a bed available before his parole officer decided to have him arrested. This is what took place. Me and my boyfriend were living at my grandmothers house which was escrow. We were staying there just the two of us til escrow closed. There was no furniture in the entire house with the exception of one room in which I had all my belongings a bed and nightstand. There was none of my boyfriends things in the room, clothes, shoes etc... it was apparent that everything in the room belonged to me. One day I was outside pulling weeds at the side of the house when a gentleman poked his head up over my fence and asked me if my boyfriend was there. I replied no. He then asked me to open the front door so he could talk to me. When I opened the front door my boyfriend's parole officer a police officer and the gentleman who asked me to come to the door were standing there. They immediately asked me to step aside and that they needed to check the house to sure he wasn't there. They did find my boyfriend in the house sleeping on the bed in the room. I told them his wasn't there because he was sleeping and I didn't want to bother him. I didn't know who this man was.
They handcuffed him and began to search the room, they found drugs and drug para. in the nightstand next to the bed where he was sleeping. The drugs were mine.
To make a long story short was it legal for them to enter my home and search through which was obviously my things?

It depends on what kind of warrant, if any, the officers had and some other information. Have you been charged with anything in connection with this incident?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back