Was this investigation performed legally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooperbj83

I was under investigation and visited by the market asset protection manager and market personnel manager. First I was questioned about stealing company time. This ultimately I did do. I took 25-30 min break when company allows only 15. I am always forced to stay 30 past my schedule every day as well but apparently that does not matter.

Second topic in question dealt with violation of fratenization policy. I became involved with an hourly associate. I was her supervisor as a salaried member of management. I was never romantically involved with this associate. Before it came to that point she put in for a transfer request to another store. On second thought the store she wanted to transfer was where my ex fiancee was employed. In fear of that being an uncomfortable situation she ultimately decided to quit. Now a month and a half later after she is gone I am being asked about this relationship. Is that legal now that she is umployed? Shouldn't these questions have been asked while she was employed? Then I was told that they have my phone records in which I have talked to her four sometimes five times a day. Can they legally access my phone records without my consent? Then I was asked if they were to have a private investigator call this girl and ask the same questions would her answers be the same as mine. Could they ask or do that either? Something just dont seem right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back