Was Scammed, Seeking Help/Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

BA00

Hello All- New to the forum, but was recently scammed online. It was my own ignorance that allowed it to happen, but I do not want this known scammer getting away with it again. I engaged in a trade on a Mac Computer forum. I offered an XBox 360 + extras in trade for an Apple Laptop. Once I shipped off my XBox, I stopped receiving correspondence from this person. I should have realized it was a fake name. The Name/Address is:
Mike Jay
262 Nichols Ave
Syracuse, NY 13206

I have since found out that this alias and address have been used before in multiple other scams. I realize I will never see my XBox again, but I want to bring some justice to the situation. The real name of this person might be Terrance Hayslett of Memphis, TN.

I have filed a claim online with the FBI, and will be filing a claim with my local branch of the State Attorney General's office here in PA. I guess my question is, what other outlets should I be alerting. Should I talk to the NY State AG? TN State AG? Any advice is much appreciated.

It sounds to me that you are doing all you can do.

This is not legal Advice!

Your statement seems to say it all
" It was my own ignorance that allowed it to happen"
I am sure you will be more carfull next time.

"The real name of this person might be" Lucky I am not the person you are mentioning as the suspect because slander comes to mind.

Just a thought.

Take care

Mark.

If it's true, then it's not defamatory.

Are you suggesting it is true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back