Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Warrant in California - I need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamg

I was arrested in California in Nov 2006 for an assault and battery (argument with my mom) when the courts found out I had a warrant in Florida they detained me and I bailed out with permission from a judge to resolve the Florida issue. The judge made it clear that she would dismiss my case in California if I took care of the issue in Florida. Now I find out I have a warrant in California for misdemeanor assault & battery for not appearing to a court date. I was not notified I had a court date and assumed this issue had been taken care of through a public defender I was dealing with at the time. Will I be taken to jail if I go to California to resolve this? What are my options?

If you go to CA you can be arrested on the warrant.

If you want to avoid this, consult an attorney in the area of the county that holds the warrant and make arrangements to turn yourself in. It is possible they can book and release you with a citation, or that they might not have to book you at all. But, only if you work through an attorney to resolve this are you going to be relatively certain of what will happen to you when you get to CA.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back