walmart employee attempted to sexually harrass my 1yr old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reneedmb125

My daughter and I went to exchange formula at walmart one night, and as soon as we walked in the door( no farther than 2 feet from the restrooms.) A customer service manager, employed by Walmart approached us and at first she was playing with my daughter. Then she started to ask me these questions like why I returning the formula? Which was none of her business but I proceeded to explain. I said that her other formula made her sick and because of it she had a really red butt and had diaper rash, and thats why I wanted to exchange it. Then things started to look like a molester luring a child into the bathroom to rape them. She asked me," if while I was returning the formula if she could take my daughter into the bathroom to look at her private parts, because she has 2 kids and knows what diaper rash looks like." She doesnt have a M.D. and I think that I know when my chid is in danger and I felt it then. so if that wasnt enough, she continued to harrass me about the rash and the bathroom and she went to reach for my child and I looked at her and said no I didnt feel comforatable doing that. So I walked away and went to exchage the formula, well she followed me up to the return desk and told the girl not to return it for me. But that isnt what made me discusted it was the comment she made about my daughter. I went home and tried to let it blow over but I couldnt sleep, I just kept thinking what if a kid isnt so lucky next time. And my mind kept going over other killers and molesters who looked normal, but ended up being crazy. So now Im starting therapy, and I wrote a letter to Walmart explaining it all, and I went in to get something a couple weeks later after the man. told me he'd handle it and she is still working there. So if its possible I want to take action against her and
Walmart, but Ive never had to do anything like this ever. So I need some serious advice, because if I dont and 1 kid gets hurt, Ill never forgive myself..... Please help me

You did the appropriate thing: you advised Wal-Mart of your concerns.

It doesn't sound like you have grounds for a lawsuit against the employee. You suffered no harm. You're stressed out about it, but a court won't award you damages for that. Best you can do is get over it. Write Wal-Mart again if you feel they didn't take your complaint seriously.

Well cant I file harrassment charges with the police and walmart? my friend who is a civil suit lawyer said to do that and I am starting therapy for this... My kids are my life and I am very protective, there was no reason for that comment..

No reason for what comment?

I have no idea what the harrassment statutes are in your un-named state. From what I know of harrassment, what happened to you and your child was highly inappropriate and cause for concern but was not criminal harassment. If you have a lawyer telling you to press charges, then go for it. You would file charges with the police, not with Wal-Mart.

I am not sure that woman is a pervert or sex offender but what she did was inappropriate for sure. It is not her place to ask to examine your daughter. If you are so disturbed by this you can start going to therapy and have your lawyer friend represent you but apart from recovering money for therapy possibly, I don't see how you have any claim. Your daughter was not hurt. This woman over-stepped her boundries a little but I'm not convinced she was trying to molest your child.

Correct me if wrong. You refused to go to bathroom to allow employee to see child's private area? If so even a small case does not exist. There was no harm to child! Now if you did go to bathroom and did allow employee to see child's privates you are just as guilty. If I am uncomfortable with anyones request with any of my children the answer is a firm no!

I agree with Jacks you cant sue for what you think would have happened if the employee looked at the baby's bottom. Shop target Wal-Mart is a goon outfit anyway.

I personally would complain to a district manager or someone to at least put them on alert their is a nut working for them. Its taking the customer service part of the job to a whole other level!

I personally would complain to a district manager or someone to at least put them on alert their is a nut working for them. Its taking the customer service part of the job to a whole other level!
Were talking Wal-Mart here the district manger would promote the nut for beating the customer out of a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back