waiting to hear if im approved for my unemployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmuller02

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: south carolina i work for the city in my town i have been there 5 years on dec 20 2011 i got sick with lymphedema in my lower left leg so i was out till feb 6 my doc wrote me back for transitonal work from 2/6/12 my boss called me on the 2/13/12 we have no more light duty so i go to my doc ballsey as i am and ask him for a return to work slip even though i felt like crap i needed the money had no pay other wise so doc wrote me back full duty on 2/15/12 wensday morning i woke up with a fever and sick throwing up my leg was red i called my job and told them i was sick again my doc told me i had a appointment with him next week if i can continue with my meds he can see me then each day now 2/15 2/16 2/17 i told my boss im running fevers dont feel well she advised me im out of general leave time and as of next week these will be unaccused absenses the following week called her mon tues and told her that my leg was still red feb 2/20 2/21 on 2/21 i told her i got a doc appointment on wensday 2/22 she said ok on 2/22 went to my doc she said i got a 100.7 fever cellulitis present in my left leg wrote me out of work the 2/2o to the 2/24 i called my job when i was done told them i had a note they said i had been terminated today for unaccused absences the next day i met with my vascular doc he put me out a month and said to change my antibiotic to something stronger and also diagnosed with leg infection now this doc wrote me back on 2/13 not knowing the infection was still present he did not check me that day in his office just wrote me a note so now the doc excused me on 15 16 17 of febuary now but the note is a little to late i still have 30 days left fmla at the present time of termination i got phone records i called my job everyday and let them know every step of the way my health issues what do u think i should do i got 2 lawer appoint ments next week one lawer wouldnt take it cause he said it would be a gamble idk

I suggest you be patient and speak with the lawyer you have scheduled to meet next week.

No one can tell you what will happen.

So, hang in there.

I suspect you will get unemployment, but you never know.

I think you're mixing FMLA with unemployment and something else.

So, speak with your lawyer and then decide where to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back