K Visa Waiting For Fiancee Visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrell

arielfourblack

I applied for a K-1 Visa for my Canadian fiancee and myself in November, 2004. I received a receipt for the application in December. I brought my fiancee to the U.S. for a visit in December and she is still with me. When we crossed the border, she was not give a return date.

We have been waiting for notification of our Immigration interview in Montreal. I found out that this interview will take place much later than we had anticipated. We would like to return to Canada for a 10 day visit. We are concerned about problems we may encounter at the border upon our return to the U.S.

What is the legal time-limit that she can stay in the U.S., during our wait for the fiancee visa?

Should proof that we're going through legal channels (ie application receipt and emails from the USCIS, informing us of our application status) ensure her safe entry into the U.S.?

I appreciate all feedback,

Darrell

The point is, that the idea of a fiancee visa is to wait OUTSIDE of the US until one is being given the visa. She can get into deep problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back