wage discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizabeth

I would like to know, if it is discrimination to give other employees a wage increase, when the company is saying that they will not be giving any increases, but they a give other employees their raises. I know for a fact that the top person in our company is giving raises to other employees and not to others. He is picking and choosing who gets the raises. Can anyone help.:confused:

Unfortunately there is little you can do about this. They can decide to give special raises to people and then give the rest a story that "harsh economic conditions" exist and therefore most will not receive any raises or bonuses... however... if those not receiving bonuses all happen to be, for example, Black, Jewish, Hispanic, etc. then it is possible that there might be a cause of action for discrimination.

If you think this is bad, you should take a look at the remaining dot coms and technology companies. I have heard stories about CEOs building gyms within the company, executive office suites, etc. while laying off 1/4-1/2 the work force. If the shareholders only knew there would be a lynch mob... but there is little that you can do legally in most circumstances like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back