Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

jharr4663

A friend's spouse tapped into her Company Voicemail without permission from the Company. Can the spouse be charged with hacking of some sort? The spouse taped my friend's messages and played them back to her. Isn't that illegal?

Last edited:
Only the company can file a charge if they deem it necessary. It might be illegal but only the company can decide the course of action.It could be a criminal offense depending on the companies HR policy. Some companies would give some form of a warning or fired her depending of the conditions in her employment agreements……. Few would consider criminal charges unless there is some form of industrial or company espionage or any action which could hurt the company.

Thank you very much for the information, although I don't understand why the company would fire her or warn her - she's not the one that compromised the voicemail system, it was her spouse by hacking in and recording stuff without permission.

You are right she is not the one who committed the "crime".Your post was abit confusing......I taught she was. Well even if she is not the one she could be charged or affected.………she would be charge or viewed as an accessory to the crime. It would be hard to prove he did all that without her compromising some information to him. More so, if they found out, given she knows and has not reported him, she is an accessory to the crime. So she would possibly be fired or sanctioned in some way by her company.

Thank you very much for the information, although I don't understand why the company would fire her or warn her - she's not the one that compromised the voicemail system, it was her spouse by hacking in and recording stuff without permission.

What mafioso is saying is that only the company can choose to prosecute this "trespass" by the spouse because the company's voice mail system is the company's property, not the employee's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back