visitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddy

In July of 2001, I was awarded joint custody w/ visitation. I was in the County Jail awaiting sentencing for delivery of a controlled substance. I was not called to the hearing, yet my son's mother informed me that I was awarded the above. No child support ordered. I was sentenced to two years in the Wisconsin Satate prison and have been recently released. My son was up to see me on a regular basis until she met a new person and all contact was stopped. I haven't seen my son for approx. 16-18 months. I was contacted by an attorney and informed that I was to have no contact with my son's mother other than thru the attorney. I was then given a 6 step reunification plan signed by a Phd. They are refusing to let me see my son regardless of the court order. My son is only three and I understand that he may not remember me and I suggested that someone in the family supervise the visits until he becomes acquainted to me again. They refused. The cost of the 6 step plan is to be split between the mom and I. Problem is that I have not much money and have legal debts to the court and the P.O. I cannot afford to pay a doctor for 4 hours of his time every week. I called the clerk and she/he is of no assistance. Not to mention I cannot afford an attorney? I guess the question is should I file a comtempt order , and let the court decide what's best and risk losing some or all of the order? I don't know what to do? Not to mention her dad and brothers are attorneys and dislike me? Am I screwed or what? HELP IN MILWAUKEE, PLEASE

Originally posted by Daddy:
In July of 2001, I was awarded joint custody w/ visitation. I was in the County Jail awaiting sentencing for delivery of a controlled substance. I was not called to the hearing, yet my son's mother informed me that I was awarded the above. No child support ordered. I was sentenced to two years in the Wisconsin Satate prison and have been recently released. My son was up to see me on a regular basis until she met a new person and all contact was stopped. I haven't seen my son for approx. 16-18 months. I was contacted by an attorney and informed that I was to have no contact with my son's mother other than thru the attorney. I was then given a 6 step reunification plan signed by a Phd. They are refusing to let me see my son regardless of the court order. My son is only three and I understand that he may not remember me and I suggested that someone in the family supervise the visits until he becomes acquainted to me again. They refused. The cost of the 6 step plan is to be split between the mom and I. Problem is that I have not much money and have legal debts to the court and the P.O. I cannot afford to pay a doctor for 4 hours of his time every week. I called the clerk and she/he is of no assistance. Not to mention I cannot afford an attorney? I guess the question is should I file a comtempt order , and let the court decide what's best and risk losing some or all of the order? I don't know what to do? Not to mention her dad and brothers are attorneys and dislike me? Am I screwed or what? HELP IN MILWAUKEE, PLEASE
On what legal basis are you being refused the ability to see your son by your son's mother and family?

None that I'm aware of. They are just plain being mean. With the no contact order from the Parole Officer, I cannot contact her to arrange visitation, not even get an idea of where she is comming from. I have contacted her attorney several times and was informed that the family didn't want me to see my son unless I went and see the Phd. that they hired to do a screening of my son. That is about all there is to it. I did file the contempt motion and have a court date for Jan.. I really don't want to push anyone and end up violating my parole in any way. So, I guess that the pro-se motion is all I can do??? More on the Phd guy. They want me to pay half of the cost to see this guy. It is $80.00 an hour. (my share) I do not have that kind of money. Not to mention they want the visits with my son at this guys office. So, I've figured out the cost to see my son would be about $160.00 every weekend. That is only 2 hours. Their 6 step re-unification plan is open ended. There is no time line for this. Not to mention their plan is as follows, This is a very wealthy Jewish family that are attorneys themselves and I'm from the "wrong side of the tracks" So, I believe their tring to break my wallet and hope that this behavior will make me give up?/ I don't know what else to say I only want to be the best father I possibly can to my son??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back