Visitation Travel Expenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

missamira1

My husband's ex remarried a man who joined the military shortly after they married. We got custody of the kids in the time period between them getting married and him enlisting. At that time, they lived about thirty miles away from us. We agreed to her providing transportation to visits and we would provide transportation home from visits. Then her new husband enlisted and they moved to where he was stationed in North Carolina. We have been paying for tickets for my husband to fly there and pick them up from their visits as well as for their tickets home. An average trip costs us about $1000 with rental car, plane tickets and hotel. Between two and three times a year. This has been a hardship to say the least.

The NCP has motioned to have her child support lowered from $123 a month to $70 a month since she moved to North Carolina and the minimum wage is lower there. My husband had an accident in October and has been on Workmen's Comp since. We really cannot afford to keep paying for the transportation home from the visits.

What is the likelihood of the court modifying an order for her to pay all transportation costs since she is the one who moved away?

If mom is the one that moved away she should be paying for visits. If they moved to NC and there is no order on who pays for visits, I would stop paying for visits.

If mom is the one that moved away she should be paying for visits. If they moved to NC and there is no order on who pays for visits, I would stop paying for visits.

Sorry, I should have clarified. The order says that she pays for transportation to visits and my husband pays for transportation from. But that was when she lived thirty miles away, not 3000. Plus, she is having her child support modified almost in half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back