Visitation of dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

kita

My Fiancé and his ex went to court because of a restraining order that was dismissed, but the hearing officer gave her visitation of the dog. The dog was only registered thru the Vet as belonging to him which the hearing officer told her she would have to take him to civil court for custody of the dog. If the hearing officer would have looked at the pictures of the dog when my fiancé took her from the ex he would have never allowed the visitation. Does anyone know of any laws in Louisiana that would prohibit him from giving the dog to someone else so he doesn't have to deal with her demanding ways?

My Fiancé and his ex went to court because of a restraining order that was dismissed, but the hearing officer gave her visitation of the dog. The dog was only registered thru the Vet as belonging to him which the hearing officer told her she would have to take him to civil court for custody of the dog. If the hearing officer would have looked at the pictures of the dog when my fiancé took her from the ex he would have never allowed the visitation. Does anyone know of any laws in Louisiana that would prohibit him from giving the dog to someone else so he doesn't have to deal with her demanding ways?

Why doesn't he just give HER the dog:cool:

He more then likely does not want the Dog to die. So he should fight it, file an appeal on the hearing officers order and get proof that she neglected the dog. If she files a civil suit then he needs to prepare to defend the dog and tell the judge she is not a fit animal owner. Sounds like she just wants to still be in his life.

Visitation of a dog?
Custody of a dog?
It's not a kid! The dog is property, and it either belongs to one or the other.

I suspect that a "visitation" order regarding a dog does not have a lot of weight behind it. Personally, I would ignore it.

When my Mom and Step-Dad got divorced there was actually a custody battle over the dog. Turned me off of family law forrrrever.

I can understand an ownership dispute... but custody/visitation is a bit ridiculous.
Dogs are property. They should go ahead and argue custody/visitation of the television and the sauce pans while they are at it.

Oh, they ended up with a visitation schedule. I'm surprised one of them didn't end up having to pay doggy support.

A friend of mine told me about a dog he loved from his youth.
His dog ran away.
He doesn't know how it ran away or why.
He only knows that his beloved dog, Mr. Beavers, ran away.
I'm sure Mr. Beavers won't be the last dog to to just up and disappear.
Gosh, wouldn't it be a coincidence, if your dog ran away, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back