Visitation agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

momx15

My husband has a child by another women, she is not cooperating with us on visitation. She is ignorant( as in unlearned) of legal phrases and actions and refuses to sign a visitation contract because she cannot understand it, will not take our word for it, and cannot afford a lawyer. I honestly think is cut and dry but she evidently thinks we are trying to trick her. Is this a usually visitation agreement.

Every other weekend 6:00 Friday-3:00 Sunday
Alternating holidays
Parents birthdays
Father gets Christmas Eve
Each parent gets no less than four hours with child on her birthday

This is the one that confused her:
If custodial parent becomes incapacited( word she didn't understand?) father gets temp. custody until mother can resume responsibility.

Is this standard?

Fight the system!

It sounds standard and very fair (I wish I could get that, right now I have no rights)!!!

The mother is stupid and I feel your pain! You should be able to force the signing by going to the court system. If she can't afford a lawyer, too bad, but if you go to court you may want to try for full blown custody. The mother sound like the typical unfit loser!!!!

Can you tell I'm bitter?!?!?

Go ahead

and file a petition through the court for an order of standard visitation. It is not your responsibility to 1) explain it to her, or 2) make sure she has an attorney if she needs one. If she cannot understand, she will need to either figure it out on her own or hire an attorney to explain it to her. If she cannot afford one, there is always legal aid.

But you definitely need to have this through the courts not as an agreed order between the parties because if one day she decides he "tricked" her, she could probably have the whole thing thrown out. Do it with an attorney through the courts.

She needs to grow up and this is one of those things a grown up has to do. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back