Virgil, quick, come see. There goes the Robert E. Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingron

241661183_10219565811726910_3759497934921809956_n.jpg

Great taking down statutes is sure to erase history or change it.

:rolleyes:
To be clear, if the base of the statute remains and is transformed in to an educational monument (as opposed to a statue giving honor to a traitor), then you'll be supportive, right?

(Sarcasm alert.)

Gee, what's next from cancel culture? That the Civil War never happened? That slavery never happened?

Here's an idea. Find statues of all the native american chiefs who made war against the US and take them down. We shouldn't be glorifying those traitors and war criminals either.

To be clear, if the base of the statute remains and is transformed in to an educational monument (as opposed to a statue giving honor to a traitor), then you'll be supportive, right?

I have several sets of encyclopedia britannica from the 60s and 70s and they would want me to burn those as well. Those whom erase history are bound to repeat it.

Great taking down statutes is sure to erase history or change it.

:rolleyes:

Taking down a statue does not erase history. That's just an excuse to try keeping a statue of a man we should not be honoring. We put statues of people on pedestals who deserve to be honored. Robert E. Lee doesn't deserve that honor. He was a traitor to the Union and fought to preserve slavery. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing really honorable about the man. Let his statue go — but let's remember the history of the civil war and his role in it as a lesson in what kinds of people we do NOT want as leaders.

You clearly don't know me at all well. Big surprise. :rolleyes:

Well you said that you didn't like shows about country bumpkins?

birdcage is an excellent movie so I don't see why that one would offend you. Big Bang Theory is a good show, I mean what does TC enjoy as programming?

While we are at it, let's boycott Dixie Cups and put the Dixie Company out of business.

Disband the Dixie Chicks,.

Already done, Dixie Chicks are NOW just the Chicks
Lady Antebellum is NOW just Lady A

and rap songs that say Dixie in them are considered country

I mean if the media wants to pander to any one race then why not Mexicans? They immigrated here mostly legally, work their arses off, and don't blame white people for all their problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back