Violation of Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

buster722

Dear Sir or Madam:

On February 28, 2005 I was arrested in Orange County, Florida (Orlando) for DUI. On April 25, 2005 plead guilty to DUI and was ordered one year supervised probation, victim's awareness class, 50 hours community service and $787 in court fees and fines. I complied initially for the first six months visiting probation office monthly. However I lost my job and became homeless. I subsequenly left the state to live with my elderly parents and now reside in California.

I have become diisabled and am filing for Social Security Diasabilty. My problem is SSI states I have a open violation of probation with Orange County FL, and until I can prove the crime was non violent and not drug related, as well as the county stating they will not expedite me, SSI is holding up my approval.

I have tried contacting the clerk of the court in Orange County and keep getting the run around and my probation officer insists I must turn myself in. I tried to explain my condition, but she did not seem to care.

How can I get this rectified? Thank you for any advice.

Contact the Orange County Sheriff and find out if you have an active warrant for your arrest. If so, the easiest, and probably fastest way to resolve this will be to go to Florida and turn yourself in.
If you do not have a warrant, then you might have some luck if you work with a local attorney who will be willing to send out some letters for you.

Gong back to Orlando may be your only option. If you just up and left without talking to the probation officer back in 2005, then that would put you in violation of probation and probably cause a warrant to be issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back