Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Very Vulgar Threatening Messages From An Adult To A Minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuckusAZ

An adult that I know sent very mean and vulgar text messages yesterday. Things included in these messages are "If I ever see you or hear from you then you should just know that I will punch you in the throat you sorry ass motherf***er" Also "I will f*** your world up and I CAN do it" Also "Ill make sure your future is full of chaos and shame. Trust me I know so many people that have my back that would love to take you down so watch what you say or do"

I am 16 and this is coming from a 40 year old women. What's everyones opinion on what I should do.

I suggest you discuss this situation IMMEDIATELY with your parents or guardians.
As a minor, your parents or guardians are responsible for protecting you.
Absent that solution, dial "911" and request the police respond to your location.
No one is required to live in fear.

I'm not in fear. I want to know what kind of legal action I can do.
You're a minor. As a minor, you're a legal incompetent. That means you can't take legal action. A court won't recognize you. A court won't hear anything you wish to say, assuming you have a cause of action. Therefore, I refer you to my previous advice, report this to your parents or guardians. If a cause of action exists (in civil court), they will have to initiate on your behalf.

As you don't fear the alleged perpetrator, you've eliminated any cause of action you might have held in a civil action. Therefore, you leave your parents with only the ability to pursue this, if possible, through the criminal system.

Your legal action is to report to the police. Beyond that you need your parents.
This would most likely be handled under some sort of juvenile harassment statute rather than as a criminal threat.

My brother keeps threatening my mother and I and she won't do anything about it. He has hit me before and thrown me on the ground and my mom didn't care. I don't know what I should do because eveytime the police get involved he gets out of trouble some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back