Very un-happy. Want divorce but kids involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prismpic

I've been married to husband for 14 years and we have two children. I'm in a situation where I am very unhappy living with him and I want a divorce. I wish to move out with my children, how can I go about doing this without losing so much financially not to mention emotionally for the children? We both work but he makes most of our home's income. I feel lost and not sure where to begin. We share banking, credit card loans (3K), mortgage, both our vehicles are under his name but he recently took a loan out on the one I drive (without my consent!) for which clear title will come until March 2012. Also 2 years ago I found out he had a child by another woman (before we wed, which he was unaware of). The Home Kit came back NEGATIVE but the child's picture is his SPITTING image. Also I caught him texting someone which I confronted him for and he stopped. The point is our union has gone downhill for some time now and I simply do not want to spend the rest of my life with this person. Please help me before I start to truly hate this individual, I want out!

Are you up for some reading?

If you're cannot afford an attorney, a good place to start is right here

(The TX Bar Association put together an incredibly helpful .pdf brochure about what to expect in family court).

This site might also be very helpful to you: click here

*A small note about paternity; I'm regularly told that my husband's daughter is the spitting image of me. However I was not involved in either the conception or birthing of my stepdaughter ;) Just a thought.

OP, Texas is a community property state.

That means that everything that was acquired during the marriage is 1/2 yours and 1/2 his.

Talk to a lawyer. In Texas, there are mechanisms that require him to pay your lawyer's fees. See a lawyer ASAP.

I've been married to husband for 14 years and we have two children. I'm in a situation where I am very unhappy living with him and I want a divorce. I wish to move out with my children, how can I go about doing this without losing so much financially not to mention emotionally for the children? We both work but he makes most of our home's income. I feel lost and not sure where to begin. We share banking, credit card loans (3K), mortgage, both our vehicles are under his name but he recently took a loan out on the one I drive (without my consent!) for which clear title will come until March 2012. Also 2 years ago I found out he had a child by another woman (before we wed, which he was unaware of). The Home Kit came back NEGATIVE but the child's picture is his SPITTING image. Also I caught him texting someone which I confronted him for and he stopped. The point is our union has gone downhill for some time now and I simply do not want to spend the rest of my life with this person. Please help me before I start to truly hate this individual, I want out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back