Verbal Harassment by Supervisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

disgruntled

I wish I would have already known about this site. I will have to wing this tommorow. I know I have been verbally abused for the past year and a half. Supervisor is old and old school cowboy type. My employer knows of his actions and are trying to let him retire on his own. Yesterday I went to work at 4 am. I live 80 miles away and had to get up at 1 am in order to be ready take lunch and pick up co worker. I went in and worked until 1 pm. I then left with orders to be in the next morning. I was tired and was trying to stay up so I could get my routine back. My supervisor called and said I had to be in at 9am. At 6pm I had to lay down. At 650pm he called back and said I had to be there at 9pm to do an hour and a half job. Reluctantly I went in. When I got to jobsite the job was changed and there was 12 hours of work. I am DOT driver and this would break federal law. I called him back and he said tough Sh**. He thought it was only hour and a half job but deal with it. I called higher ups. They said that was not right and called him. He called me back and dog cussed me and told me to take truck back and go home. I called higher up back and told him what happened. Today a buddy that works with me got a phone call that I was fired by my Supervisor. I would have broken company policy, the company that we are working fors policy, and federal law. Since I did not do that I do not feel as though I should be fired. I am going in tommorow and pleading my case to try to keep my job. There is alot more to this harrassment. Many others have been harrassed also. It has been going on for over a year. Many cussing outs. I have one other problem. A company man for a major oil company was mad at me for something that I had no part in. His quote to fellow employee was "That m***** F****** (my name) long haired M***** F*****. I know this breaks this oil companys policy. I would like any information possible. I feel this is degrading on both parts and would like 5 minutes alone with both. Thank You .

I don't know anything about DOT laws so I can't help you there. I do know that what you describe is not illegal harassment. Cussing and name-calling is rude, unprofessional and may well be against company policy, but it does not violate any laws and does not give you any legal recourse. Any recourse you have is going to be internal.

I don't know anything about DOT laws so I can't help you there. I do know that what you describe is not illegal harassment. Cussing and name-calling is rude, unprofessional and may well be against company policy, but it does not violate any laws and does not give you any legal recourse. Any recourse you have is going to be internal.

Yeah, right on.

I am rude to EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back